The Lincolnshire Bird Club

The LBC Forum. To register on this forum YOU must NOW be a member of the LBC - see Membership Page for details.
To join the LBC Forum you must be a Member of the Lincolnshire Bird Club - Click here for Membership Information
If you would like to post an item, but ARE NOT a forum member please submit information using the Record Form: if suitable the information will be posted on the LBC Forum on your behalf.

It is currently Sun Jun 30, 2024 5:56 pm

LBC Homepage - The Photo Album - Submit a Record (for Non-members)/ or Request - LBC Forum Information and Access Help - Forum Information

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:03 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

What a bird. Found yesterday at c1.30pm. I managed to get there around 5.30 last night and had the most frustrating rubbish views of any bird nearly on my British list. What made it worse was standing next to John Harriman who claimed to be having crippling views while giving the sort of directions, which when the bird revealed itself as a blur disappearing into the impenetrable Sycamore leaves, lead to, oh that tree on the right.

Neil Eardley was keen to share his brief but fantastic views but of the 200 people there getting on for half had the same untickable views as me and got more depressed as the light faded.

So when the news came out this morning I was back there at 10. Totally different. Beautiful extended views out in the open until 11. More Lincs birders there too. Phil Hyde, Alec Parker, Roy Harvey to name a few.

At the moment there has been only one accepted British record, Fair Isle in July 1992 which was put into cat D. With the bird flu import ban preventing imports from Asia since last year, BOU surely now have no excuse. This bird has to go straight into cat A.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]