The Lincolnshire Bird Club

The LBC Forum. To register on this forum YOU must NOW be a member of the LBC - see Membership Page for details.
To join the LBC Forum you must be a Member of the Lincolnshire Bird Club - Click here for Membership Information
If you would like to post an item, but ARE NOT a forum member please submit information using the Record Form: if suitable the information will be posted on the LBC Forum on your behalf.

It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 10:24 pm

LBC Homepage - The Photo Album - Submit a Record (for Non-members)/ or Request - LBC Forum Information and Access Help - Forum Information

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Snow Buntings....
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:09 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Where is the best place in Lincs to see them?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:06 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

I have seen them at Gibraltar Point in the past and you have also got a chance of Shore Lark too. Look in the Mill Hill area and on the saltings to the north. I am not sure that either have been seen there yet this winter though.

Anywhere along the flat Lincolnshire coast could also be productive and dare I suggest travelling south to S--------m or T-------l which are always good

A few have been seen at Covenham recently I believe

Although I think you have used up your luck for this year with the waxwing in your garden I wish you the best of luck in your search anyway

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:13 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Chris Grimshaw wrote:
Although I think you have used up your luck for this year with the waxwing in your garden I wish you the best of luck in your search anyway

Chris

More luck to report later on - not a new sighting but very exciting nevertheless!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:55 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Hi Katherine

Most Novembers or Decembers I go up to Donna Nook and among the small dunes in front of the sea bank where the seals gather to pup is often a good place to look - flocks with double figure snow buntings in them. Also good for twite if you go left from the carpark and check the Salicornia (samphire) growing out in front of the marsh (can be muddy getting out there). If you are looking for twite, avoid Mon-Fri when the range is open, the snow buntings can be seen from outside the marker boards if they are there.

Nick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:42 am 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Currently about 45 on Theddlethorpe beach, they are mobile and the beach is 2.5 miles by 1 mile at low water, but fairly easy to scan with a scope. John.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:13 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

One flew north over Frampton Marsh yesterday (23rd Nov), so might stick around in the general area. There was one at Freiston Shore this time last year for a few days.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]