The Lincolnshire Bird Club

The LBC Forum. To register on this forum YOU must NOW be a member of the LBC - see Membership Page for details.
To join the LBC Forum you must be a Member of the Lincolnshire Bird Club - Click here for Membership Information
If you would like to post an item, but ARE NOT a forum member please submit information using the Record Form: if suitable the information will be posted on the LBC Forum on your behalf.

It is currently Sat Jul 06, 2024 11:51 pm

LBC Homepage - The Photo Album - Submit a Record (for Non-members)/ or Request - LBC Forum Information and Access Help - Forum Information

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: White-legged damselfly
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:17 pm 

At least a dozen white-legged damsels along the River Welland at Stamford tonight. I beleive this is the first county record unless anyone knows any different. See pics on the dragonfly album. If anyone wants to see these insects they are only 5 mins from the A1. Take the 3rd Stamford turn when coming south along the A1 (A6121). After about 1km turn right into Water Furlong and park at the end. Then look in the riverside grass at the end of the field. I saw more the closer to the A1 i got, lots of banded demoselles here too. Perhaps its worth checking other banded demoselle sites e.g in the upper witham for this species.
kev

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:40 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sorry to steal your thunder Kevin but the first Lincs record of White-legged Damselfly was in 2004 in the Walpole River, a brakish fen drain about 10km south of Boston (TF348316). The specimen was present as a small larva in the margins of Common Reed.

However this is still an excellent find and as you say the species is well worth looking for elsewhere. The species has been spreading in a north easterly direction since the early 1990's.

Regards

Grahame

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:38 am 

Personally I am dubious about records constituting of immature larvae. I will take a look at the site you give as its not far from where I live. I will let you know if there are any white legs there.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]