The Lincolnshire Bird Club

The LBC Forum. To register on this forum YOU must NOW be a member of the LBC - see Membership Page for details.
To join the LBC Forum you must be a Member of the Lincolnshire Bird Club - Click here for Membership Information
If you would like to post an item, but ARE NOT a forum member please submit information using the Record Form: if suitable the information will be posted on the LBC Forum on your behalf.

It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 7:11 pm

LBC Homepage - The Photo Album - Submit a Record (for Non-members)/ or Request - LBC Forum Information and Access Help - Forum Information

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:42 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

The adult male Green winged Teal was showing very well this morning around 11 and thanks to Nige Lound for the gen, he had seen it yesterday and also last week.

Thought it might be helpful to give some directions, I'd not been here for 6 years and the lagoon where the bird is to be found was completely new to me.

Take the A52 out of Skeg and turn right into the Pines caravan site just before the Cow Bank Drain. After around 100 m turn left over the drain and through the caravan park entrance. The bird hide car park is signposted and you can park at TF535627. From that point you can see 2 hides. Go to the furthest one on your right around 200m from the car park. Open the right side flap of the hide and the bird was in the far right hand corner.

I spoke to some guys who were erecting a large tent in the car park field as I left and was told there will be no access tomorrow (Saturday) because of a shooting competition. That could have a detrimental effect on the Teal!

Also visited Deeping Lakes and had poor views of the 2 Long eared Owls roosting on the island in thick ivy on the right hand side of the main island from the hide at around 2pm.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]