The Lincolnshire Bird Club

The LBC Forum. To register on this forum YOU must NOW be a member of the LBC - see Membership Page for details.
To join the LBC Forum you must be a Member of the Lincolnshire Bird Club - Click here for Membership Information
If you would like to post an item, but ARE NOT a forum member please submit information using the Record Form: if suitable the information will be posted on the LBC Forum on your behalf.

It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 12:42 pm

LBC Homepage - The Photo Album - Submit a Record (for Non-members)/ or Request - LBC Forum Information and Access Help - Forum Information

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:23 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

I never once said or any one else for that matter, that i was not interested in Dross, i happen to count every single bird on my patch and have done without a break since 1993, to stop any one else spitting their Dummy out i'll call it Common stuff from now on, though god knows what its got to do with you what term i use, it was not a rude word, its a word we use all the time like twitching, Birding etc, at the minute i am doing a huge survey in my 10km square around Lincoln and guess what its for recording all the common species.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:03 pm 

Good to hear it Steve !
As a matter of information the word "dross" is defined as - scum or matter of no worth. It originally came from metal smelting but has now come to mean any matter of no value or worth, mainly inanimate.
Does that explain the objection to the term ?
Anyway, I'm sure everyone is very bored with this now and it's been moved (quite rightly) to the nether regions of General Birding so maybe we can all go our seperate birding ways and, hopefully, treat the common and familiar with due respect.
Terry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:14 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

NO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:19 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hands up if you want this topic locked :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:42 pm 

Fine by me. I've already tried to bring it to a conclusion and, anyway, I've never considered a battle of wits against the unarmed to be very fair !

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3