The Lincolnshire Bird Club

The LBC Forum. To register on this forum YOU must NOW be a member of the LBC - see Membership Page for details.
To join the LBC Forum you must be a Member of the Lincolnshire Bird Club - Click here for Membership Information
If you would like to post an item, but ARE NOT a forum member please submit information using the Record Form: if suitable the information will be posted on the LBC Forum on your behalf.

It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 5:29 pm

LBC Homepage - The Photo Album - Submit a Record (for Non-members)/ or Request - LBC Forum Information and Access Help - Forum Information

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:00 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

I am far, FAR too excited to list all the birds I've seen today, but instead I'll quit with the pre-amble and get DIRECTLY to the five lifers I had today at Cley.

2 STOCK DOVE

1 YELLOW-LEGGED GULL

7 EGYPTIAN GEESE

And.............. drum roll please................... :mrgreen: :wink: :shock:

1 SPOONBILL

1 WHITE-RUMPED SANDPIPER!!!!!!!!

I AM A BIRDWATCHING GODDESS!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Life list now up to 155!

** GOES OFF TO DANCE LIKE A DERANGED NIT-WIT AROUND THE HOUSE AND ORDER A PIZZA **

Oh, I'm walking on Sunshine, whoa woa, and don't it feel GOOD!

Saw the Egyptians, the Spoonbill and the White-rumped within 7 minutes of each other at that hide that takes eight years to get to along the bank and the pebbly dunes! Came out of it feeling euphoric and punch-drunk on my own adrenaline and burst into song walking back to the visitor centre!

** Breaks off for a moment and looks at John Badley's Freiston account **

In the words of Top Gear presenter James May..... Oh, COCK! Wood Sandpiper and Curlew Sandpiper.... dipped out on a Curlew Sand at Cley...... and some Whimbrel and a Hobby too? AAGH! Stay where you are!!!! Life List of 159 now a potential reality by the end of the weekend....

See you Sat/Sun hopefully!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:04 am 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Kitty.
No, lifers for me but increased my pembrokeshire list by at least 7 this week,
Went to places ,that are regular haunt's when down that way and might have a couple that end up in next year's bird report for there.
I can't remember what a life list is as I don't really bother. Wild;ife is just too beautiful to see anyway so what use is a list anyway.

Brian. :) :) :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:54 am 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Brian Eke wrote:
I can't remember what a life list is as I don't really bother. Wildlife is just too beautiful to see anyway so what use is a list anyway.

Brian. :) :) :)

For me to keep track of the ones I've seen, so I know if it's a new bird for me or not..... and I guess that when I go to these places, I go from birder to full-on twitcher.....

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]