The Lincolnshire Bird Club

The LBC Forum. To register on this forum YOU must NOW be a member of the LBC - see Membership Page for details.
To join the LBC Forum you must be a Member of the Lincolnshire Bird Club - Click here for Membership Information
If you would like to post an item, but ARE NOT a forum member please submit information using the Record Form: if suitable the information will be posted on the LBC Forum on your behalf.

It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 7:15 pm

LBC Homepage - The Photo Album - Submit a Record (for Non-members)/ or Request - LBC Forum Information and Access Help - Forum Information

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:26 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

After calling in at North Cave Wetlands and seeing nothing unusual other than a line of people waiting to get served at the mobile cafe, after all it was a lovely sunny day, we left and went further.

We called at one of my favourite raptor sites which is on the Wolds Way [southern end] and we were certainly not disappointed. Got there about 12.45 and had the place to ourselves as usual. The following is what we saw during our stay of four hours:

Goshawk - 1 [ best ever views]
Red Kite - 5
Common Buzzard - 10
Sparrowhawk - 1
Kestrel - 2
Swallow - 12
House Martin - c70
Green Woodpeckar - 1

Peacock
Speckled Wood
Comma
Large White
Red Admiral

Darters

Moths

When we arrived it was sunny and very warm, enough to make me peel a layer off :lol: when we left it had clouded over.

My last sighting of a Goshawk was nearly four years ago, so I'm well chuffed :D

Regards

John/Max

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:55 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Well done, i and canadian mike have had excellent views of Goshawk there in the past,im chuffed for yer.
roger.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:59 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi John/Rog,I have been to this site on many occasions,and never managed to see these elusive Gos's at this site,have walked up to the top of the valley past the game keepers cottages as well,will just have to keep trying,plenty of Marsh Tit in the valley though.Incidentally,talking of Goshawk's, the best site i have visited, is the Troutsdale/Wykeham forest area in North Yorkshire,you cannot fail to see them there if you put enough hrs in,they bred just near the raptor viewpoint this year,and with breeding Honey Buzzards,Crossbills,Dipper and Grey Wagtails also in the area,as well as the impressive scenery, makes for a great place to visit,and Scarborough is only 20 mins away so you can pop for fish and chips too. :D

Regards

Steve.

http://www.LincolnshireOdes.blogspot.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/routy

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]